We’ll share our project ideas and have a quiz.
- Interfaces and personas
- Quiz: available from 6:15 – 6:45
- Discuss: post to this Moodle Forum at least three (but no more than five) websites that may form the basis of your competitive analysis — that is, three-five sites that are in the same field/genre/type as what you are planning. Include a screen capture of the home page or an interior page that illustrates a point you are making about the site.
- Discuss: post a before-and-after set of images to this Moodle thread. Demonstrate that you understand how to take a “large” image and make a medium-sized (~300px wide or tall – largest dimension) image.
- Review: share your public personas in this Moodle thread.
- Final projects page (per your request)
- Personas in web design (Slideshare)
- Let’s examine this list — what are some cognitive barriers to your quickly finding the link for the Bellevue School District proposition dealing with technology and capital projects
:: Notes from Schneiderman and Norman
- Describe a “persona” for a continuing education student and list three tasks/reasons this person might visit washington.edu
Assignments for Monday
- Before you leave this evening: post to this Moodle Forum: what refinements might you make to your competitive analysis after our discussion?
- Before 8:00 am on Monday, post to this Moodle Forum at least three possible personas for your project.