We’ll review last week’s quiz and begin our discussion of design principles.
- Quiz Review
- Design principles
- Questions (pdf) & answers
- Before 8:00 am on Monday, post to this Moodle Forum at least three possible personas for your project.
- Found, apps/sites related to yours:
- Examine reviews: Amazon, TripAdvisor, UrbanSpoon
- Personas: Britt / Carol / Isabelle / Jeremy
- Groups for discussion/feedback/brainstorming
IN CLASS – read one another’s personas/ Then chat/phone/IM conversation – provide feedback — ask questions! Brainstorm tasks.
AT HOME – before Thursday, provide written feedback.
- Becca / Jeremy / Shauna
- Ben / Bin / Maged
- Brian / Britt / Kathy
- Carol / Diane / Joe
- Isabelle / Josh / Rachael
- Kimberly / Shipla / Vina
- Nadiya / Ruchi
Website problems are well understood.
10 principles to tattoo on your brain
- Fitts’ law
- Gestalt Principles of Perception
(2) Uniform Connectedness
- Hick’s law
- Rule of thirds (Thursday w/Photoshop)
- Designs should have a good signal-to-noise ratio: avoid chartjunk and its equivalents
- Visual hierarchy
- Read Wireframes & Prototypes (added Monday)
- Using paper and pencil (or digital equivalent), sketch two or three possible home page wireframes. B&W! High level — shapes alone are good at this stage. Scan (or take a picture with phone). Post to this Forum thread (as a reply) by 8 am Thursday.
- Personas (cont’d)
(1) Feedback on personas of your peer group
(2) Supplement your own personas with three tasks.
Use this original persona forum thread for everyone but Kimberly and Rachael.